Sunday 3 March 2013

Spring is just around the corner...


 I know it completely doesn't feel like it - but spring is on it's merry way! Just in time too - I'm not really a summery person (am much more at home in the cosy autumn wearing layers & scarves) but I definitely need a little sunshine! Anyway, I've been noticing lots of signs of spring over the last few days including some extremely pretty snowdrops just outside my front door! - I love snow drops there's something very innocent & unassuming looking about them - making them all the more beautiful! This week I have made this spring inspired funeral tribute. 


I made this wreath using tulips, lisianthus, alstroemeria, astrantia, wax flower, eryngium & a mixture of seasonal foliage. The wreath seemed to work well with the table cloth I was constructing it on! 



It's a shame my photography skills are so poor because the tulips I used were amazing! They are appropriately named  'lingerie' because of their delicate frilly edge. Here's a better picture of what they look like! - Aren't they beautiful?




No comments:

Post a Comment