Thursday 8 December 2011

The Flower Station...

This week I did a work placement at the Flower Station - a lovely Florist full of beautiful flowers just inside Chelmsford train station. The shop has quite a contemporary feel to it & their signature style includes lots of big blooms - lilies, roses, amarylis, sunflowers & gerbera.


I got the opportunity to make lots of hand tied arrangements which was great experience for me! Here are a couple I put together - this one consisted of a rose, gerberas, tulips, wax flower, flox & salal.


This one contained gerberas, spray roses, lilies, giant chrysanthemum heads, 1 rose & salal.


Look at these chillis which are used in arrangements - I love the quirkiness of them!


I also got to make some christmas wreaths which was really fun - I love the dried chillis & apple slices.

All in all, a great week! x




3 comments: